Was about to leave church last night, but noticed there was a middle-aged lady standing behind me. I opened the door for her, and then we went to different directions.
“What is your name?” She suddenly turned back and asked.
“Me? Chris.” I said.
N: “Oh Chris. Nice to meet you. My name is N. So are you an American or foreigner?”
Me: “Hello, N. I am an international student. I came from Hong Kong.”
N: “Many years ago I came from another country to study here. I know the feelings. I am going to give you my number. Whenever you feel homesick or lonely, or you would like some homemade food with a ‘Mom’, just call me. Do you have a car?”
Me (surprised with raised eyebrow): “Ah, no. I don’t drive.”
N: “No problem. I can come and pick you up. Don’t feel lonely. Feel free to call me.”
Her kindness almost left me with no words. “Oh wow, thanks very much for your kindness, N. It means a lot to me!” Our conversation ended here, with her saving her phone numbers on my phone.
Even though I already overcame the most struggling homesick one and a half year ago, her words and offer really warmed my heart amidst the chilling wind, in a quiet yet uplifting way.
There is no need to have a whole reservoir of money to be a giving person. All we need is simply a compassionate heart filled with His love.
No comments:
Post a Comment