Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Once again

In my peace,
in my distress
You comfort me.

When I set my feet on the path you showed me,
surely voices would come to weigh me down.
My foolishness to let the intensity accumulate for half a year,
it brewed for another half,
a thorn that takes more than a year to settle. 

Turmoil crouches at the door,
traps laid awaiting,
I fell and entertained them,
until I noticed and turned and ran. 

"Why even the remnant can be so hard,"
my heart was tempted to think.
Yet I shall not be afraid, 
because You are with me. 

Even the cloud shall shadow me like the midst of last winter,
with attempts to engulf my heart in the pit,
my lips shall sing praises of You.
For You who once delivered me will do the 
Same mighty work,
from glory to glory. 
In You alone is my salvation.

My eyes shall witness Your goodness every so often,
my heart shall taste the kindness in the power of Your love. 

I find greatest strength when I lie down 
in the shadow of Your wings. 
For men who truly set their eyes on You and their hearts before You,
a surge of joy and praises shall still overflow, 
even when treasures are lost.

Two people You've brought,
whom I saw You shed light and sowed seeds of life and truth,
through the story of our walk in the valley.
I count it altogether worthy.

You gave a pile of dust eternal meaning. 

Teach me Your heart, according to what's on Your mind 
in this season,
Purge my heart of the thorn,
Create in me a simple and pure offering. 

Please once again open my eyes, to see. 



No comments:

Post a Comment