"Hey! Where have you been?" The security lady asked me when I was passing by the library entrance.
"Oh hi! I usually study in another library, that's why I haven't seen you for a long while!" I was quite surprised she still remembered me.
"I see! Well, I hope that you won't get lost in this library anymore!" Yes, she remembers me very clearly.
Our first encounter can be traced back to my first year in Princeton. I was searching for a few books, but completely lost my way in this labyrinth of bookshelves and hallways. Then I came across this lady and asked for direction. To my surprise, she gave me a private tour to every single floor of the library to show me the ways. I didn't ask for that, and I am pretty sure it wasn't her duty. Probably I was the most retarded person she ever met here. And perhaps that's why she still remembers me.
This was not the only encounter that impressed me over these three years. People like this lady taught me way more than what they've noticed. More important than the directions in this library, she taught me there're always rooms to be a bit more considerate, to do a bit more and to serve better.

No comments:
Post a Comment