Wednesday, April 20, 2016

(BP) In Silence

It has been a long day full of academic meetings and things I have to consider about the exams coming up. Nothing went bad, but just felt a bit tired physically. "How do you feel mentally?" A close friend asked me after tonight's prayer meeting. "Hm, when I am tired, I feel like I just can't feel anything."
Then took a walk to the place where I enjoy having my quiet time. Plugged in earphones with worship music and tried to concentrate to pray a bit. There are times words just come like river, but tonight was more like a silent mode. If there's one thing I have learned about prayer in the midst of tiredness, I would say "don't strive, but let the prayer be in silence." When we are running out of word to even describe how we feel or what we want to ask, then just enjoy in His presence, and let our heartbeat and breath be the most genuine prayer language crying out to Jesus. He listens. And the Holy Spirit always prays and intercedes. Silence can be a place for encountering Him.
As long as our heart gazes at Him and our spirit dwells in Him, our life per se should be an all-time prayer. In words or in silence. In heights or in lows. In plenty or in need. For everyday there are reasons to declare His steadfast love in the morning, and His steadfast faithfulness by night.



No comments:

Post a Comment