Tuesday, April 26, 2016

(BP) Rainbow

“It is good to give thanks to the Lord, to sing praises to your name, O Most High; to declare your steadfast love in the morning, and your faithfulness by night, to the music of the lute and the harp, to the melody of the lyre. For you, O Lord, have made me glad by your work; at the works of your hands I sing for joy.” (Psalms 92:1-4)
He is faithful. My big exams are coming up very soon. There have been ups and downs over the preparation process, but His steadfast love and faithfulness always remains unchanged. Even in days when I was so unfaithful; even in nights when I was too tired to even pray aloud. There was a night I got trapped in self-condemnation and couldn't help but keep thinking how unfaithful and undiligent I have been. But He spoke to me through a close friend that touched my heart so profoundly -- "Don't let the enemy deceive you, as he will attempt to at this juncture. God never intended for you to be perfect, for He is more than enough for your flaws. He has grace and loves you regardless!" Yes, all we need in life is Him and Him alone. His perfect love is more than enough to cover us.
It is during trials would we learn to appreciate the beauty of floundering seasons. For those are the moments we become so vulnerable yet so open to Him. It is not until we be put into circumstances that leave us with no one and nothing to rely on would we learn to completely leaning on Him; would we learn to not holding on anything but His faithfulness; would we learn to let go and let Him contend for us. And, would we be able to taste His purest joy and perfect peace like sweet wine.
Plus, He is so generous to show extra encouragement and reveal His love in overwhelmingly tangible ways through people around me. There have been faithful companions who prayed with me out of love, and offer to come to pray when I am in need during the take-home exams. There have been loyal friends who told me multiple times, "Chris, don't feel you will bother me. Just text me if you need me buy food!" There have been trustworthy friends who shared their testimonies and brought comfort. And of course, my beloved family with their unfailing support all the time. There are so many and so much. Abundance over abundance that I don't deserve any of it but just humbly receive with a thankful heart.
I pray that regardless of the exam outcome, this will be an occasion draws me closer to Your heart. I pray that even when I am being too weak to run into Your embrace, You would come and seek me out. For I know You never fail to uphold Your promises, for I know You would never abandon nor forsake me. For You have proved to me throughout my life that You are so faithful.
(Photo of double rainbow taken by my friend, Martha G., who sent the pic and told me this is a sign He shows His faithfulness to me.)



No comments:

Post a Comment