A friend prayed for me and kindly offered me a koala-bear hug as I was a bit tired because of some works (also age problem) yesterday. Today she asked if I felt better.
Me: Yes, I feel peaceful, these verses spoke to my heart. “The Lord your God who goes before you will himself fight for you, just as he did for you in Egypt before your eyes, and in the wilderness, where you have seen how the Lord your God carried you, as a man carries his son, all the way that you went until you came to this place.' (Deuteronomy 1:30-31)
Friend: That's beautiful. Yes, God carries us like a man carries his son, not someone random.
Me: Yes, although I am quite heavy, I know He's more than capable to carry me through, as He has been doing for years.
Sometimes we may need certain extra input to remind us of His steadfast love and faithfulness. But most of the time, I believe, simply by looking back at our life trajectory reaffirms us of His goodness. Those mornings of joy, those nights of sorrow, and even the days before a word was formed on our tongue, He was there with us all the time. Every step in the past, the present and the future epitomises His everlasting love and faithfulness, regardless of how big the challenges or changes appear to be in front of us.

No comments:
Post a Comment