Friday, October 28, 2016

The doors

My friend, you really got good memory. You never forget every single calling you put in my life even though sometimes I do. In a few days you just brought a few people in a row from the group I have a heart for, the group I feel like you're calling me to serve. An encounter in the night market. Two introductions from my friends.

Even this afternoon, when my friend dragged me from my working table, my heart was like "what's wrong? I am working on something important", but you just opened another door through my friend. When I look into the eyes of the future full-time minister and hearing her sharing, I felt like you were telling me to hang in for what I am working on, for those people. And her word encouraged me so much, "They need people like you who have a heart for them." 

Father, if here is the place you assign as my training ground and battle field, please contend for me and keep me here. I just want to be where you are. I don't want to go anywhere without your Spirit. For at where you call me to, your presence and grace would also be there. I don't want to spend my time and strength to toil in vanity. 

Jesus, help me to mean it when I say "I love this group of people." I don't want my love to only mean "I like them because many of them had been kind and great to me." I want to learn to love them like you do. That even it entails suffers, I would consider it worthy because of you. Please let me taste your heart for them.

This semester so far has been way tougher than I ever imagined. But it's also the one I experienced most encounters with that group of people, as well as people who feel the same burden. 

I put my future in your hand, I entrust my everything to you. For you are faithful. 

In times when I forget this group of your beloved people, please convict me and remind me. For every door that has been opened is the grace from you. Let me taste even a bit of your heart, your love and your sorrow for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment