Time flies, it’s the second last week of my French course. I once had a hard time to feel okay about attending this mandatory course, because everyone knows it’s merely a formality if the European language has nothing to do with your own research. I struggled because I was sure I could make use of these six weeks to do something more meaningful, and I don’t like to waste time in this way.
But God has been so faithful. From the time of struggle till today, He showed me meanings and even some fruits of spending half of my summer here. I had this restful season to travel a bit and to meet with faithful friends whom I wanted to have deep conversations, in which I would mostly miss the chance if I went home earlier. And I had been blessed so much from those fellowships and the ways they poured out with love. I had the honours to serve in ways I never tried. These privileges to serve encouraged me to reflect a lot on humility and selflessness, as well as helped me to recognise the life areas I need grace to work on. I had chances to share testimonies in some unexpected encounters and conversations, which even without knowing the fruits, I got blessed by savoring His grace again. But above all, it’s the enjoyable quiet time with the Best Friend in life. The mornings sitting under the shade to enjoy His Word like honey, and to bask in His steadfast love like gentle sunshine. The nights talking to Him in the breeze at one of my favourite outdoor spots next to a lawn; on my vulnerability, struggles, and even deep tiredness at some point. In the midst of my weakness, He proves to me that He is the greatest Comforter who understands me and my needs the best.
Honestly, all these overflowing grace and blessings did not make French class more interesting or less difficult. But one thing I can’t deny is, I would be already back home and couldn’t enjoy all these experiences if it’s not the French course. If the class is a precondition to all these, it certainly worths it. This strengthens me to endure the boredom and tediousness, and find so much meanings in this period.
Isn’t life as well? There are things and circumstances make us feel like that sucks. But if we truly understand this life is living for Him, it gives strength and meaning to endure even the toughest trials. For our life is not only consecrated during Sunday Service or ministry time, but everything and nothing less should be consecrated as a pleasing sacrifice to Him who is worthy.
“Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.” (Romans 5:1-5)

No comments:
Post a Comment