Saturday, July 9, 2016

(BP?) "See you tomorrow!"

(Scroll down for Japanese version)
"I will see you tomorrow." The coffee lady kindly said to me after I got a cup as a morning routine.
"I will see you the next day after I come back!" I told my mentor in Hong Kong via a phone call.
We always say things like that, as if we are sure to be able to meet again. There are times we just say it causally without giving any serious thought. There are times we say so as if the vulnerability of life is temporarily forgotten. One of the moments I came to a closer understanding was on the flight back to Hong Kong in the summer two years ago. The memory of meeting my grandma in the previous winter just came into my mind, when I told her "I will see you in the summer!" She passed away before the summer, and I couldn't fulfill my promise on earth. Though she's now in a better place.
Life is fragile and only He knows the time, and only He gives eternal meaning. I believe the true understanding of this will lead to very different ways of living. How we prioritise our time. Where we lay up our treasures, on earth or in heaven. Whether we are willing to lay down ourselves for something more important than us, even in times we feel unfair or reluctant to be humble to serve. Let no meaningless reasons like pride or fear of getting hurt to hinder us from pouring out to treasure every honour to serve, for who knows this may be the last chance on earth.
Compare to the depths of the mountains, I enjoy flowing waters like river and ocean more. The current resembles time and life, it never comes back once it's gone. It might permeate a sense of helplessness. But the stream does not flow in vain if Jesus is the one to lead. It grows with the experience of His goodness, through the secret place with Him alone, through families and friends, and even through suffers and loss. All these nurture in us a heart with greater gratitude and awe to savour the beauty of life in Him.
“For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to tear, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.
He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man’s heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end.” (Ecclesiastes 3:1-8, 11)
The wind chime rings. The journey goes on.

「また明日ね!」と、毎朝コーヒーを買う喫茶店の店員さんが私に言ってくれた。
「香港に帰った次の日に会おう!!」と、私は電話で香港のメンターに約束した。
私たちはいつもそういう言い方をして、まるで今度きっと会えるようだ。時にはそう言っても真剣な考えや意味を別に与えないけれど、一部の場合には、ひょっとしたら人生の儚さをすっかり忘れちゃうんじゃないだろう。これを感じた時の一つは二年前に香港への飛行機に乗った時だ。その時急に思い出したのは、前の冬におばあさんに「また夏休みね!」って言ったこと。夏が来る前におばあさんが他界した。だから、私の約束を果たせない。おばあさんがよりよいところにいると信じてるけど。
命ということははかないにしか言えないだろう。イエスだけ、そのタイムを分かって、人生に不朽の意味を与えられる。私にとっては、こういうことが心から分かると、今の人生の送り方がとても違うようになるんじゃないかと思う。限られた時間の優先し方から、人生の宝を蓄えるところ、自分より大切なことへ力を献げる気持ちまで。私が大好きなことわざの一つは「一期一会」だ。確かに、不確かな人生の中で、プライドや恐れなどのことを乗り越えって、出会いも、会うことも大切にしたほうがいいだろう。最後の会える機会が一体いつかが誰も分からないからだ。
山の奥と比べると、私は川や海などの流れる水のところのほうがずっと好きだ。その流れは時間と人生とそっくりだからだ。どっちも、流れたらもう上流に二度と戻れない。これはたとえ一見けっこう残念なことなんだけど、流れはけしてむなしさのために流れるわけではない。流れば流れるほど、イエスのいつくしみの経験が増えていく。それと共に、流れながら、家族や友達と一緒に過ごした大切な時間、そして、苦しみや失いでも通して、人生の美しさを心で感謝しつつ、もっと感じるようになれると信じている。
「天が下のすべての事には季節があり、すべてのわざには時がある。 生るるに時があり、死ぬるに時があり、植えるに時があり、植えたものを抜くに時があり、 殺すに時があり、いやすに時があり、こわすに時があり、建てるに時があり、 泣くに時があり、笑うに時があり、悲しむに時があり、踊るに時があり、 石を投げるに時があり、石を集めるに時があり、抱くに時があり、抱くことをやめるに時があり、 捜すに時があり、失うに時があり、保つに時があり、捨てるに時があり、 裂くに時があり、縫うに時があり、黙るに時があり、語るに時があり、 愛するに時があり、憎むに時があり、戦うに時があり、和らぐに時がある。
神のなされることは皆その時にかなって美しい。神はまた人の心に永遠を思う思いを授けられた。それでもなお、人は神のなされるわざを初めから終りまで見きわめることはできない。」(聖書・伝道の書 3:1-8, 11)
風鈴が鳴いてる。旅が続いていく。


No comments:

Post a Comment