Saturday, November 8, 2014

Hello Jesus


Dear Jesus,

It’s me again! I want to give thanks to You. Thank You for all the wonderful love, blessings, acceptance and every good thing from You! Being in a foreign country there are plenty opportunities to get to know different people, and I couldn't help but notice how blessed I am. I came from a simple yet supportive family, I can find security in You, and I know that no matter how many times I fail I’m still caught in Your grace. Some of these blessings are unimaginable in some cultures, or for some individuals in unnoticeable corners of the world.

Many times when I was have deep sharing with my good friends and mentors, I sensed the love from You. Just as You teach us in the Bible, “We love, because God first loves us."

Lord I pray that my life also contains Your love and patience. Help me to develop a more intimate relationship with You, so I can learn how to love like You do.

Jesus, recently I am so struggling with someone, who came from a place where I always have strong comments on, and with totally different living habits that I consider as weird and unhygienic. I confess that there were times I want to give up, and there were countless times I deliberately keep distance like building an invisible wall between us.

But in the Scripture You teach different thing. “So if you are presenting a sacrifice at the altar in the Temple and you suddenly remember that someone has something against you, leave your sacrifice there at the altar. Go and be reconciled to that person. Then come and offer your sacrifice to God.”

Jesus, You understand all my difficulties, struggles and frustration, may I ask for reconciliation with You, and with the person I dislike? I can’t do that on my own, I need the love and help from You. Teach me to be humble, for all I can boast is Your love and salvation.

Thank you for reading this letter, Jesus!

With love,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment