Thursday, August 11, 2016

My comforting mom

Was having lunch with mom and my sister, and we had this comforting conversation:
Me: hey Mom, do you want some of my salmon roe handroll?
Sister whispered: Hm, mom doesn't like salmon roe...
I put my head in my arms and mumbled in frustration: Aww, why is it always like that? How come I just can't remember people's stuff while my family and some of my close friends remember even random details of my sharing? It's really bad...
Mom: Oh it's okay, people have different gifts. Your gift is to be forgetful...
I raised my head in shock: What?
Mom: Oh no, I mean there are different gifts. Your gift is speaking, see how you interpreted for us in Japan! And being forgetful is not a bad thing, you won't be over sensitive and is easier to forgive people.
Sis cracked up: Hahaha, yes, being forgetful is your gift!
You know you should be thankful when your family is so supportive and comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment