I don't want to read.
I don't want to read.
I don't want to read.
I don't want to read.
I don't want to read.
I don't want to read.
I don't want to read.
I don't want to read.
I don't want to read.
I don't want to read.
The introductory pieces full of facts with unknown names and places really piss me off. I know I'm too stupid to organize the facts and make some sense out of them. Ah... the series was originally designed to help students grasp the basic historical context and development, but to me it turns out to be a bunch of unorganized facts more difficult to understand than long novels...
Gradually discovered that I could learn better by starting from something small, probably a story, or an incident that kindles my interests; instead of beginning with enormous (and overwhelming) facts of the greater picture. With a few small things as foothold, I find it easier to extend to the larger picture and trajectory. Probably that's why I also love anthropology.
By the way, social history is still my unshakable favourite.
No comments:
Post a Comment