First day of French reading class. A not-bad beginning. Frankly, the class was super unorganized that I couldn’t help but wondering why don’t they just let us do self-study with the textbook. (I think I would die if the JPN class was so disorganized) But I am really thankful to the Japanese class for cultivating my ability to appreciate the beautiful art of language learning and the scientific logic lies behind the grammatical rules, in which I didn’t acquire in my previous language studies because of my stupidity.
I am not fond of the chaotic French class time but do enjoy the study itself. We can translate things even though we don’t know the order and pronunciation of French alphabets. No wonder why my prof told me that it’s about “decoding” instead of really learning the language. I hope I could pass the exam, for it seems to be one of the most miserable things on earth to retake a summer language course. Anyway, the “decoding” is fun! Definitely a new learning experience.
今日、フランス語の読むことのクラスが始まった。悪くない初めだと思う。実は、その授業が本当に混沌だったから、どうして私たちはクラスをとらなければな らなく、自習だけではいけないかと聞きたい。もし、日本語のクラスはそんなにしまらなかったら、とても大変だ。しかし、前の日本語の授業を感謝した。とい うのは、その後で、私は言語の勉強がアートも科学もみたいだとだんだん分かるからだ。そして、日本語の授業を通じて、私は語学の興味や、単なる文法を超え て科学的な論理の良さがわかるようになった。前に、私は愚かなので、その技量が全然なかった。
今朝の混沌のクラスがあまり好きじゃないけど、勉強が楽しいと思う。フランス語のアルファベット順と発音が分からないが、簡単な翻訳ができた。やっぱり教 授が言ったように、その夏のプログラムは言語の勉強じゃなく、解読である。私は期末試験が合格できることを願って!もし、合格できなくて、来年もう一度フ ランス語のクラスをとらなければいけなかったら、一番残念でしょう。とにかく、言語の解読は楽しくて、私の新しい勉強の経験だ。
No comments:
Post a Comment