Monday, June 2, 2014

Memorising Grandma, Eternal Hope

Grandma entered His kingdom and rest in peace yesterday.

When I first heard of this news, I felt sorry for couldn’t be in Hong Kong to be with her. But I soon realized she has been to heaven, totally free from any suffer or pain. And we will be meeting each other certain years later. At that time there will be no more separation.

I could even imagine Jesus led her for a heaven orientation, to visit the golden streets, the pearl gates, the river of living water and so on. The scene should be indescribable pleasant and harmonious. Maybe she also met someone she knew before. Certain years later she could be my tour guide in heaven, introduce the friends she made, and teach me the hymns and new songs she learned. Grandma admires freedom and hates to be grounded, she likes to travel around. Now without any kidney or lung problem, she could enjoy the eternal and peaceful journey with Jesus.

When I prayed last night, I got a sense that Jesus was delight for Grandma has been with her, free from sickness and sorrow. But on the other hand, He felt our pain and grief, and was willing to be with us, to walk us through. From that moment I knew I shouldn’t be regret, for our hope of reunion is real. Grandma is now staying in a better place than any of us on the earth do.

God also showed me that my stay here is neither a waste of time, nor a stupid decision for the damn French course. Instead, I saw a seed had been planted, and I believed He is going to grow it.

We pray not because it’s a mere “psychological trick” to make us feel better. We pray because it really makes a difference to us and to people’s life, for He listens to our prayers, and acts according to His best will, for He promises that “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Bible - Jeremiah 29:11) For Jesus’ sacrifice, resurrection and salvation torn apart the veil between us and God, and brought us with eternal hope.

Because You first loved and saved us, we could learn to obey to Your will, and open our mouth and our heart to praise You even in sorrow. Blessed be Your name, Lord.

After all the tears and grief, I am in the recovery process and will stay strong. All these will turn to be our motivation to demonstrate and share our faith. For we want our beloved families and friends to share the same eternal hope and faithful promise in Jesus amidst this suffering world.

Sincerely thanks for all the care, support and prayers. Geographically I am so far away from some of you, but I literally feel the love and know that we’re walking together side by side on the path of faith, heading to a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment