Monday, May 23, 2016

Asthma, got healed

Went to the gym today and was thinking about which place in Princeton that represents His greatest grace to me over the past three years. It was hard to pick one. All the libraries I had struggled for study, all the undergrad study places I sneaked in and got free food when I was reading for my exams at late night, all the outdoor beautiful space I spent time with Him; each and every of them is just so full of His grace and presence that guided me through ups and downs. But if I have to pick one place, I think it would be the gym. For it represents a miracle of my asthma got healed.

I still remember what happened in April two years ago that completely changed my life. I was in a Christian conference (in which I am currently serving in this ministry). After he finished preaching in a session, the pastor was about to do a healing prayer. Without our health records, he spoke names of diseases and sicknesses and asked for God’s healing. When he spoke “asthma” and asked God to remove the curse of asthma, I immediately felt a sense of relieve in my chest. Honestly, I doubted at that time, on whether it’s a mental trick of myself. After that, I tried different things that would trigger my asthma attack in the past. These little experiences ranging from eating orange, running up stairs as fast as I could, and work out at the gym without using preventive asthma inhaler. It all worked out fine. After that pastor’s prayer, I do not have a single attack comes back.

What I also remember is the sense of freedom when I first went to the gym without the need of using a preventive inhaler in advance. I ran like a kid with so much joy and excitement for the amazing thing He did for me.

Some might think it’s the clean air in Princeton that helped curing this respiratory tract disease, some might consider the change of my living environment helped. But all these just cannot explain how the disease be completely gone within one day, a day of that prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment