Monday, May 16, 2016

My Japanese teacher

(Scroll down for English version)
この三年間日本語から人生まで色々教えてくださった柴田先生です!この先生はいつも私を助けてくださった。一年生の時、私の日本語が信じられないぐらい下手だったけど、先生のおかげで、日本語の興味がだんだん出てきて、学習も少しずつよくなってきた。そういえば、研究専門を変えることは日本語への興味から出てきたことなので、先生は大事な役割を果たしたと思う。今年先生がお教えになった四年生の授業を取ったけれど、大変な大学院生の試験のせいで、以前のように頑張ることができなかった。だけど、先生はまだいつものように優しくしてくれたり、ドラえもんのように応援してくれたり、私が疲れた時に励ましてくれたりして、私は本当に感謝してます!
先生のオフィスアワーに行くことに、一番楽しいのは人生や歴史についてのお話だ。いつも心配せずに懸念や喜びについて話して、そして、先生の人生の経験から学ぶことだ!今日も、最近のちょっと心配なことを話して、慰めてもらって、安心した!この先生はまるで仁恵についての教科書で、私がプリンストンでの一番感謝したい先生の一人だ。
まあ、将来教える仕事をしたら、先生のような優しい先生になりたいです!
My super awesome Japanese teacher, Shibata-sensei! She has been teaching me so much over these three years. From Japanese language to different issues about life. In my first year, she kindled my interest toward the language and spent great effort in improving my poor Japanese. This year I am taking her fourth-year Japanese class but haven’t been working as hard as I used to be due to General exams. But Shibata-sensei still always encourages me and shows support all the time. And she's always interested to know more about students. She’s one of the teachers I am most thankful to in Princeton!
To me, the most enjoyable thing in her office hour is not about Japanese grammars and stuff, but the sharing about life and history. I could just freely share different thoughts, delight and struggles without worries. Her response based on life experience is always so inspiring and comforting. Just like today, after hearing my concerns, her response with a big smile was truly reassuring to me. I learnt so much about mercy from her, and I really want to honour her passion and kindness on education.

No comments:

Post a Comment