Thursday, June 2, 2016

(BP?) Companion on this walk

If I were given a choice, I would certainly prefer going back home than spending the coming 6 weeks in the quiet and boring summer campus for a reading language course that everyone tells you no need to be so serious about for you're going to forget everything soon after class. However, I am so thankful for He guided me to experience the blessing and beauty of serving with faithful friends in this period.
Yesterday, when the temptation of being unfaithful to a commitment became so strong, He sent a friend to remind me to be faithful, and she even found me a ride so that I could make it on time. And then another friend prayed for me simultaneously when I was sharing the stories of how He moved in me and my family's life in a broken language of mine over a meal time. We saw Him moved in their heart and believe the seed had been planted. And I truly believe He used all three of us to sow that seed even we were in different roles.
Today is Thursday. Looking back on the past semester, I was so honoured to partake in a Thursday prayer meeting with three awesome companions. We shared burdens in different areas of life and ministry, also edified each other in this safe space. It can be sad when such beautiful thing turns to be part of history, but at the same time it is worthy to celebrate the growth He brought to us over the semester!
Ministries in daily life is usually an individual thing. We have our own community in our major, school, workplace, and so on. However, it is truly a beautiful blessing to have humble and faithful friends who are willing to bear burdens and show support even in ways others cannot see. For what their heart delights in is not man's approval, but in seeing His love and glory be manifested. Am running out of words to express how thankful I am for this blessing that I don't deserve at all.
God is certainly the all-time greatest keeper of us. But from time to time He is so gracious to send friends to share burdens and help keeping us on the right tract.
“A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.” (Proverbs 17:17)
“Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.” (Proverbs 27:17)



No comments:

Post a Comment