Tuesday, June 21, 2016

(BP) May all be for your glory

Will be home for a month, and have been trying to sublet my apartment here so as to cover the rent for that period. A while ago a person emailed me to show her interest of renting, and we wrote to each other back and forth to figure out the details. And recently she sent me a check of $3000, which is way too much than the rent itself, and she told me her financier mixed things up and asked me to deposit the check and keep the amount of rent, and then return the rest of amount to her. By God’s grace and protection, a friend told me similar case last year, and end up she found the “subletter” a fraud. This raised my awareness of subletting.
Realising that person as a fraud, I got a bit angry. I didn’t lose any money, but because of that person, I rejected a few other people who were interested in renting my place. And as it approaches July, more people already settled with their housing, therefore it gets harder to find a subletter. To be honestly, there was a moment I really wanted to text some verses like this to that person, “Vengeance is mine [God], and recompense, for the time when their foot shall slip; for the day of their calamity is at hand, and their doom comes swiftly.” (Deuteronomy 32:35), or anything about God’s wrath on unrighteous people. But God convicted my heart, and reminded me I was also a sinner but is forgiven by the grace and salvation of Jesus. And then I texted the following message to that person:
“Actually a friend of mine ran into very similar case last year, and end up she found the person was a fraud. That's why I have been so cautious about the whole thing. Every suspicion from your long email to your arranging a financier to handle this not-too-great amount of money convinced me that you're not really subletting my room.
I am a Christian. Honestly, earlier today I really wanted to send you Bible verse like the Lord said “Vengeance is mine, and recompense, for the time when their foot shall slip; for the day of their calamity is at hand, and their doom comes swiftly.’” (Deuteronomy 32:35)
But Jesus touched my heart. I don't know your background, your real name and gender, and I don't know what you're going through. But I want to let you know, Jesus forgave my wrongdoings to Him, that's why I also forgive you. I pray that you would confess and repent, and know how much Jesus loves you, and how precious you are to him. ‘For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.’ (John 3:16-17)
I don't know how many times you have been doing this. But I hope this would be the last time. Repent, and turn to Jesus. He is the shepherd who provides, and He already promised an abundant life to whoever truly believe in Him.”
The person did not get back to me. I do not know how he / she would feel after reading the text. But it is a great reminder to me, to ask Jesus help us to live up to His teaching instead of the worldly one. “I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.” (Ephesians 4:1-3) I don’t know how much this text will do to one’s life, but I am very thankful to Jesus who kept me from being occupied by my anger and misuse His word in the way I wanted, but learn to be a little bit more faithful in His grace. After all, all He requires us is not to have a perfect outcome in ministries and in our life, for the outcome is in His hands, but to be abiding in Him with steadfast faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment