It's me. Did you already forget me? No, I'm just kidding. Of course You won't.
So, Jesus You are super faithful. The conversation over tonight's dinner really encouraged me amidst the storm. "Your experience inspired me to be brave, and to do something that really makes me happy." This already worth for the effort. Even if at the end I really have to go, at least my experience became an inspiration. Even just to one single person, that's enough. Because every one of us matters equally to You, You love each of us so very much that is beyond our comprehension.
Life affects life. This is what I embrace with my heart.
We should be diligent on our works and responsible for our duties in every life season, but we are by no means supposed to prioritize work over everything, neither should we be all preoccupied by work. In the time span of eternity, what matters most is not books, publications, or salary; but You and Your beloved people.
You know Jesus, if there's ever any single time I made someone felt better by listening to them, sharing with them, or praying with them; the credit solely goes to You, who call me Your child and love me unconditionally, and to families, close friends and companions who show their unfailing support and trust, and teach me how to love by their actions.
ところで、a question suddenly popped up in my mind today. If the worst ending (according to human standard) happens, will I still trust and obey You? I also remember a satire heard from a sermon:
A guy asked a pastor whether Christians tell lie. The pastor's answer was so profound. "Christians don't tell lie. They sing lie."
Yes, every Sunday we go to church and sing praise to You. It's not rare to see and sing lyrics like "I would obey You", or "I surrender my life to You", or even more common, "You are the Lord of my life". We raise hands and open our mouth to praise You. And I do believe that You enjoy hearing the worship from Your kids. But the thing is, when leave church and back to real life, are we living the way as what we sing accordingly.
Jesus, it's not easy. It's really really not easy. And You know it, because You also went through struggles and temptations when You were on earth. For me the struggle is not like "I am not sure if my God is capable to settle things for me", but "I know God has a plan for my life, but I don't know about that plan yet." I guess this sense of uncertainty often lingers in my heart, and holding me from putting greater faith in You.
But Jesus, thank You so much for reminding me what "faith" is. "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:1) Yes, faith does not mean we trust after we see the prove, but we trust even in uncertainty.
Even if the worst end comes, I still trust there is a good reason You allow this happening to me, and You have a plan for my life. Okay, I know how weak my faith is. But I promise I will try my very best to trust You. And Holy Spirit I know that You would help. May I not forget the two ultimate goals: to be more like You; and to enjoy You.
Thanks for reading this letter written in my broken English. I am not good at writing, but thank You for calling people to write songs to worship You, and that I can use the lyrics to express myself better. This is THE SONG I want to offer You in this very season of my life.
Lord I Offer My Life to You
All that I am, all that I have
I lay them down before you, oh Lord
All my regrets, all my acclaims
The joy and the pain, I'm making them yours
(Chorus)
Lord, I offer my life to you
Everything I've been through
Use it for your glory
Lord I offer my days to you
Lifting my praise to you
As a pleasing sacrifice
Lord I offer you my life
(Verse 2)
Things in the past, things yet unseen
Wishes and dreams that are yet to come true
All of my heart, all of my praise
My heart and my hands are lifted to you
I lay them down before you, oh Lord
All my regrets, all my acclaims
The joy and the pain, I'm making them yours
(Chorus)
Lord, I offer my life to you
Everything I've been through
Use it for your glory
Lord I offer my days to you
Lifting my praise to you
As a pleasing sacrifice
Lord I offer you my life
(Verse 2)
Things in the past, things yet unseen
Wishes and dreams that are yet to come true
All of my heart, all of my praise
My heart and my hands are lifted to you
(Bridge)
What can we give
That you have not given?
And what do we have
That is not already yours?
All we possess
Are these lives we're living
That's what we give to you, Lord
(Chorus)
Lord, I offer my life to you
Everything I've been through
Use it for your glory
Lord I offer my days to you
Lifting my praise to you
As a pleasing sacrifice
Lord I offer you my life
What can we give
That you have not given?
And what do we have
That is not already yours?
All we possess
Are these lives we're living
That's what we give to you, Lord
(Chorus)
Lord, I offer my life to you
Everything I've been through
Use it for your glory
Lord I offer my days to you
Lifting my praise to you
As a pleasing sacrifice
Lord I offer you my life
No comments:
Post a Comment