Thursday, December 31, 2015

I want to let you know (3)

I want to let you know,
You've taught me so much about friendship and mentorship. 
Not only verbally,
but more by the way you live according to your belief.

You've demonstrated the simple yet difficult way to treasure friendship.
Even amidst sense of distance.
Even amidst uncertainties.
Regardless of the infrequency of our meeting.
Your life exudes the fragrance of kindness and generosity. 

I want to let you know,
I have many "thanks" to say. 
Some of them are beyond words, while some are describable.
Thanks for not hating me after the summer trip.
I am so clumsy at taking care of myself.
And I would certainly regret if I didn't let you two come with me.
The good memories still make me giggle. 
Even immersing in gratitude, 
I believe somehow I still don't fully understand how blessed I am.

Thanks for trusting me.
On my ability, on my intelligence.
And, my mediocre translation during our trip in Japan.
But more importantly, 
Thanks for trusting me as who I am,
Even more than I do.

I want to let you know,
It feels super weird not seeing you the whole December.
I mean, I used to bother you a lot whenever I am home.
When was the last time we met?
What? 19th October this year in NYC?
It felt like last year!!

I want to let you know,
Sometimes I wish there is a 302 here,
I can run to and ask for prayer and comfort.
But you know what,
it inspired me to be a Mobile 302.
Carry the love, together with everything I took from it,
to contribute to kindling other candles. 
Or to work on the field,
Until He lets the sprouts blossom. 

I also want to let you know,
When you said,
"I am always there with you",
I know you meant it.
And when I said,
"That's why I love you",
I also meant it.

This is one of the friendships that I am most grateful to Jesus; 
that resembles the sort between Doraemon (叮噹) and Nobita (大雄, and obviously is not you);
and that I treasure the most. 



No comments:

Post a Comment